Have you heard about the AlterG treadmill where our patients defy gravity?
Our revolutionary AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill helps patients looking to regain mobility, develop strength and fitness, and increase range of motion and natural movement – all while minimizing stress on injuries. Many of our patients appreciate how this technology eases and speeds up recovery after surgery or an injury.
At Paramount, we strongly recommend the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill for patients who struggle with low-back pain or restrictions on how much weight joints can bear. This innovative equipment is also effective for runners or athletes seeking endurance training. Like any aerobic exercise, the treadmill promotes weight loss.
How it Works:
- The treadmill uses air pressure to support up to 80% of the patient’s weight, taking it off of sensitive joints.
- While on the treadmill, large panels give therapists a clear view of lower extremities, so problems can be quickly spotted and corrected.
- The therapist can raise or lower the incline of the treadmill to promote cardiovascular exercise.
- Patients can walk forward, backward, sideways and perform leg lifts or squats without jeopardizing their safety or stressing their joints.
- The treadmill holds patients securely in place, dramatically reducing the risk of a fall during therapy and exercise.
Some of the Common Conditions Treated with the AlterG Treadmill
- Gait training and strengthening for neurological patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for older patients
- Physical therapy following an injury or surgery on a lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Rehab after total joint replacement
- Weight-loss programs
- Injury prevention during sport specific conditioning and fitness improvement programs