Paramount Rehabilitation Services offers orthopedic and neurological Occupational Therapy to help patients get back their functional independence while maintaining physical, cognitive, and emotional health. Occupational Therapy also addresses improving strength and reducing pain in upper extremities.
At Paramount, we draw on state-of-the-art technology and highly-trained staff to offer unique, specialized treatments, including Hand Therapy. Our Certified Hand Therapists can help you avoid surgery. If surgery is necessary, then the therapist can minimize post-surgical pain and help restore function. We rely on a variety of modalities including fluidotherapy, ultrasound machine, cold laser, iontophoresis, and paraffin wax dip. By utilizing modalities, we can increase blood flow and promote tissue healing, increase flexibility of the tissues prior to stretching, and reduce pain. We also customize splints for our patients to prevent or correct deformity, protect tissues for healing, and for optimal positioning to reduce pain and pressure on joints and nerves.
At Paramount, we draw on state-of-the-art technology and highly-trained staff to offer unique, specialized treatments, including:
We also offer:
- Functional Capacity Evaluation, which measures an individual’s safe maximum physical capability to perform job tasks. Physicians use this evaluation to make return-to-work decisions, disability determinations, or create a rehabilitation plan.
- Disability Evaluations to complete paperwork and aid in court cases related to social security disability, long term disability, short term disability, FMLA and settlements related to workman’s comp and auto accidents.
- Home Evaluations to assess your home and suggest modifications that will improve your safety and independence.
- Job Site Evaluations to examine your work environment for ways to reduce stress and injuries.
Our personalized treatment plans include:
- Kinesiotaping is used to help the natural healing process and improve circulation, while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting range of motion.
- Manual Therapy reduces muscle tightness while improving movement and function.
- Adaptive Equipment and Techniques to teach individuals alternate methods of completing activities of daily living for maximized independence.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Aging Process
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Bicep & Tricep Repair
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Elbow Injuries and Repair
- Shoulder Injuries and Repair
- Hand & Wrist Injuries
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Injuries, including work-related injuries
- Developmental delays
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fine & Gross Motor Delays