Paramount Rehabilitation Services is proud to announce our three new fitness programs in our Bay City location at 2535 22nd Street Bay City, MI 48706:
Private Use of the Paramount HydroWorx Therapy Pool
• When: Every Monday and Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Who: On your first visit, we will provide orientation to the pool with a physical therapy assistant pool specialist.
• Pricing: $10 per 60 minute visit or $40 per month.
• About: Please call our office at (989) 891-9800 to schedule time to use the pool. Our pool features an underwater treadmill, underwater cameras, resistance jets, and stair and chair access into the water. We have two changing facilities in the pool room where belongings can be stored during use of the pool. Pool water is kept warm at a therapeutic level ~ 94 degrees Fahrenheit. We will have an exercise book available at the side of the pool to demonstrate exercises for various body parts.
LSVT BIG Classes for Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease
• When: Every Monday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. beginning on February 5, 2018.
• Who: Jennifer Valley, LPTA will be instructing these classes. In addition to being a physical therapy assistant, Jennifer is also certified in the LSVT BIG protocol.
• Pricing: Free for your first class. After the first class, pricing is $3 per class or $12 for 5 classes.
• About: No prior scheduling is needed to attend the class. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for the first class you wish to attend to fill out the waiver. LSVT BIG classes have been shown to increase amplitude of limb and body movement (Bigness) in people with Parkinson disease and has shown improvements in amplitude (trunk rotation/gait) that generalized to improved speed (upper/lower limbs), balance, and quality of life.
Fitness Boot Camp Classes
• When: Every Thursday from 5:30-6:30 p.m. beginning on February 8, 2018.
• Who: Scott Garzell, LPTA will be instructing these classes. Prior to becoming a physical therapy assistant, Scott was a certified personal trainer.
• Pricing: Free for your first class. After the first class pricing is $3 per class or $12 for 5 classes.
• About: No prior scheduling is needed to attend the class. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for the first class you wish to attend to fill out the waiver. Boot camp classes will be modified to fit the needs of a wide range of fitness levels. Whether you are looking to lose weight, increase your stamina, increase your fitness level, or have a fun time at Paramount we look forward to working with you!